Vubiq Hiring Information
Vubiq Networks is growing rapidly, especially in the engineering and product development areas. Going forward, we will be seeking out more people who thrive on the challenges of creatively developing broadband wireless solutions that address the forecast growth in worldwide voice and data communications.
It’s an exciting time to be part of our team. There is an enormous market for our products and plenty of opportunity to fulfill your potential in our fast-paced, engineering-centric environment. We are located in sunny Orange County, California with many nearby opportunities to unwind. Vubiq is very much a collaborative environment with various levels of experienced talent. We encourage your ideas on how to create best-in-class wireless infrastructure. We love doers.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER – EMBEDDED USER INTERFACE ENGINEER
Experience: 7+ years software design and development experience with demonstrated technical leadership
Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or applicable related on-the-job experience
Vubiq Networks is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer – Embedded User Interface Engineer specializing in management and operation of our embedded Linux radio systems. Location is in our Irvine, CA offices. Once your skillset and fit have been established, we are open to a hybrid in-office and work-at-home arrangement.
As an embedded Linux development engineer for user interfaces, configuration, control and management communication, you will be a member of the software development team delivering functionality for our products. Your role will be to architect, design and deliver secure interfaces to enable the product to operate in an interconnected environment. This role will extend from requirements analysis, through to design and implementation. You will also work with other engineers and staff in helping test our products and determine the best ways to verify the product functionality and security.
Designs, develops, documents, and maintains embedded system user interface, management and control software and firmware to support development of the company’s products.
- Develop web applications hosted on an embedded Linux or RTOS environment
- Design and implement Web services and applications for current and future company products
- Design and develop embedded applications for the company’s products
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Work with the team to architect, design, and verify secure functionality
- Stay current with state-of-the-art technologies, tools, and techniques for software development
- Lead and collaborate with your team to deliver high-quality products
- User Interface development experience in embedded Linux is a requirement
- Experience with database technologies and SQL is a plus (preferably SQLite)
- Web technologies such as PHP, HTML, REST, JSON, Lighttpd is a plus
- Experience in developing and delivering IoT managed systems is a big plus
- Experience in Yocto Linux
- Experience in Debian and OpenWRT Linux a plus
- Experience in the use and understanding of security techniques and SSL/TLS X.509 certificates is desired
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or applicable related on the job experience
- 7+ years software design and development experience with demonstrated technical leadership
- Data Communications device development is a plus, but not required
- At least 5 years of software design and development experience on a product development team
- Knowledge and experience with one or more programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, Python, PHP, Bash
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and affinity for teamwork, logic, innovation, initiative, and self-sufficiency
- Effective problem-solving skills
JUNIOR EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER
Experience: 2 to 5 years
Education: BSEE, BSCE or equivalent work experience
Join Vubiq Networks’ engineering team to do code maintenance and support work on our Ethernet-to-millimeter-wave, point-to-point radio products. Candidates must have experience working on code running on an embedded system using an RTOS such as TI-RTOS, FreeRTOS, etc. on microcontrollers (preferably ARM Cortex). We are looking for candidates who can learn, understand and adapt code written by others and have done so in a professional environment. Experience in any of the following is a plus: ARM Cortex, Ethernet, IPv4, Beaglebone Black, USB, I2C, SPI, UART, MDIO, SNMP. Experience in TI-RTOS, Linux and U-boot are a big plus. Reports directly to the VP of Engineering.
DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING ENGINEER WITH MATLAB EMPHASIS
Experience: 5 years, can include university work experience. Fluid in MATLAB, Linux and C programming languages a plus.
Education: BSEE/BSCE required, MSEE/MSCE a plus
Responsible for coding and implementing signal processing algorithms used in radar and communications applications. Able to optimize MATLAB code and to improve, design and implement new algorithms as needed. Will work directly with radar and telecom hardware engineers and should be familiar with fundamental hardware/embedded systems design. Reports to the CTO.
RF/MICROWAVE/MILLIMETER WAVE E/M DESIGN ENGINEER WITH ANTENNA DESIGN EMPHASIS
Experience: 10 years minimum. Fluid in either HFSS, Simula – CST, or equivalent modeling tools. MATLAB experience a plus.
Education: BSEE required, MSEE a plus
Responsible for designing various high frequency and millimeter wave RF components, with an emphasis on antenna and patch antenna design. Will work directly with hardware design engineers and simulation/modeling consultants implementing radio and antenna designs. Will work closely with and report to the CTO working on innovative small patch antenna arrays for radar and communications applications.
Senior Embedded Linux Firmware Engineer
Experience: 10 years minimum
Education: Minimum BSEE or BSCS required
Highly proficient embedded Linux kernel and application experience in ARM microprocessors, digital and serial interfaces including GPIO, UART, SPI, I2C, Ethernet. Must have ability to read and have a functional understanding of board schematics, and work hand in hand with hardware engineering. Development experience in Debian and/or Yocto doing source code debugging on target/remote hardware is a requirement. Experience with Netopeer2, Net-SNMP, Sysrepo is plus. Experience with Beaglebone Black a plus. Must have familiarity with some hardware debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, BERT testers, RF Analyzers, etc.
Mechanical Design Engineer (with SolidWorks proficiency)
Experience: 10 years minimum
Education: BSME required, MSME a plus
Responsible for creating mechanical designs for Vubiq Networks’ millimeter wave product line. Proficiency in electromechanical devices, creating mechanical designs that support high-speed digital and analog printed circuit boards, millimeter wave component integration including diplexers, antennas, radomes, motorized mechanisms and external mounting brackets. Deep experience and skills using SolidWorks to create CAD and drawing files for machined and die-cast parts, thermal analysis, create overall assembly documentation integrating electronic and mechanical components, with detailed bill of material. Reports to the CTO.
Microwave Laboratory Technician
Experience: 5 years minimum
Education: ASEE or BSEE a plus
Responsible for maintaining microwave and millimeter wave laboratory. Familiarity with managing laboratory test equipment, tools, work spaces and engineering component inventory required. Strong organizational skills and proactive laboratory logistics required. Reports to Director of Operations.