New capabilities include a watchdog feature, preconfigured RFC 2544 performance test, and additional performance and security enhancements
IRVINE, CA, September 21, 2015 – Vubiq Networks, Inc., an innovator in 60 GHz wireless broadband solutions, today announced new firmware features for the company’s HaulPass V60 broadband wireless connectivity solution. The HaulPass V60 is an advanced 60 GHz millimeter wave broadband wireless solution that delivers low-latency, full-duplex Gigabit Ethernet transport speeds in a small, ruggedized, easy-to-install enclosure.
Available for immediate download, version 1.3.74 of the HaulPass V60 firmware provides a wide array of new features and improvements, including:
- A new watchdog feature that minimizes truck rolls in the event of power failures or human errors. The system automatically checks all subsystems, and in the event of a failure, will reset the subsystem without impacting traffic. If a subsystem cannot recover via reset, the system will automatically reboot.
- A preconfigured RFC 2544 performance test that speeds link qualification without the need for expensive networking test equipment.
- Increased performance in Digital Signal Strength Indicator (DSSI) update rate.
- Enhanced robustness and protection in the case of unexpected power noise or user upgrade mistakes.
- Additional system logging to support upgrade activities, as well as correlating events between the built-in Ethernet switch and the RF subsystem.
- Remote reboot functionality added to the Web GUI.
- Performance and security enhancements to the V60’s remote software tool.
The HaulPass V60 uses the license-free 60 GHz millimeter wave radio band to support full-duplex wireless Gigabit Ethernet connections for line-of-sight applications at distances of up to 500 meters. The system features a ruggedized outdoor enclosure designed for extreme weather operation plus an integrated two-port Gigabit Ethernet switch. Customer applications include Gigabit Ethernet wireless fiber-optic extensions, wireless metropolitan area networks, and 4G/LTE mobile network backhaul applications.
“The enhancements that we’ve incorporated into version 1.3.74 of our firmware greatly improve the performance, robustness, and security of our HaulPass V60 solution,” said Aaron Baranoff, Chief Software Architect at Vubiq Networks. “Our overriding goal at Vubiq is to continually innovate, providing our customers with the most advanced, reliable solutions to extend the reach of their Gigabit Ethernet networks.”
The HaulPass V60 version 1.3.74 firmware upgrade is available immediately as a free download at www.vubiqnetworks.com.
About Vubiq Networks
Vubiq Networks, Inc. is a privately held wireless networking technology company headquartered in Irvine, California. The company’s focus is on high-bandwidth, 60 GHz wireless link transmission products that enable gigabit speed transport for broadband wireless fiber extensions, wireless metropolitan area networks, and mobile backhaul applications. For more information, visit www.vubiqnetworks.com.